My name is Theresa Rivers. I am a certified birth doula, midwifery apprentice and student at The Midwives College of Utah, and the owner and placenta encapsulation specialist behind Palouse Placenta. In 2013 I started encapsulating placentas and have safely prepared dozens of placentas since that time. I have extensive knowledge in the art of encapsulation; including training through two highly respectable placenta encapsulation certifying bodies. Education and training is extremely important to me. I prepare your placenta according to the stringent standards set forth by both IPPA and APPA, and adhere to the guidelines of OSHA’s Blood Borne Pathogens Training, created specifically for placenta encapsulators. You only get one chance to have your placenta encapsulated correctly; choose a qualified specialist!
- APPA Placenta Encapsulation Training - 6 months online (2015- currently enrolled)
- Bloodborne Pathogens & Infection Control for Placenta Encapsulation Specialists through Biologix Solutions - 2 hours (2015)
- Washington State Food Worker Course- 2 hours (2013)
- Placenta Encapsulation Training through International Placenta & Postpartum Association (formally Full Circle Placenta) - 12 weeks online (2013)
- Bloodborne Pathogens & Infection Control for Placenta Encapsulation Specialists through Biologix Solutions - 2 hours (2013)
The full service area:
We are happy to provide placenta encapsulation to families in: Moscow, Pullman, Lewiston, Clarkston, Palouse, Garfield, Potlatch, Deary, Harvard, Princeton, Troy, Colfax, Viola, Albion, Colton, Uniontown, Steptoe, and Genesee. We will also provide placenta encapsulation for families as far south as Grangeville, ID and as North as Cheney, WA. This includes Lapwai, Pomeroy, Kendrick, Juliaetta, Plummer, Asotin, Oakesdale, Tekoa, Rosalia, Orofino, Emida, Santa, St. Maries, and surrounding cities. An extra travel fee will apply to families in these particularly rural areas. If you don't see your city listed please contact us to inquire about services.