For thousands of years, traditional Chinese medicine has seen the placenta as a powerful and invaluable part of the postpartum healing process. Although the idea may seem very strange to our culture, more and more women are now taking advantage of the benefits the placenta has to offer. If you aren't sure if this service is right for you please contact us today and we can chat about why you may want to encapsulate.
WHAT CAN YOUR PLACENTA DO FOR YOU?
- Balance your hormones
- Increase milk supply
- Combat Fatigue
- Increase your energy
- Prevent signs of aging
- Recover more quickly from childbirth
- Replenish what was lost during childbirth
- Bring the body back into balance
- Prevent and treat the “baby blues”
- Shorten postnatal bleeding time
- Increase postnatal iron levels
THE HORMONES AND NUTRIENTS FOUND IN PLACENTA*:
- Estrogen, Progesterone, Testosterone: Contributes to mammary gland development in preparation for lactation; stabilizes postpartum mood; regulates post-birth uterine cramping; decreases depression; normalizes and stimulates libido
- Prolactin: Promotes lactation; increases milk supply; enhances the mothering instinct.
- Oxytocin: Decreases pain and increases bonding in mother and infant; counteracts the production of stress hormones such as Cortisol; greatly reduces postpartum bleeding; enhances the breastfeeding let-down reflex.
- Placental Opioid-Enhancing Factor (POEF): Stimulates the production of your body’s natural opioids, including endorphins; reduces pain; increases well-being.
- Thyroid Stimulating Hormone: Regulates the thyroid gland; boosts energy and supports recovery from stressful events.
- Crticotropin Releasing Hormone (CRH): Low levels of CRH are implicated in postpartum depression. Regulation of CRH helps prevent depression.
- Cortisone: Reduces inflammation and swelling; promotes healing.
- Interferon: Triggers the protective defenses of the immune system to fight infection.
- Prostaglandins: Regulates contractions in the uterus after birth; helps uterus return to its pre-pregnancy size. Anti-inflammatory effects.
- Iron: Replenishes maternal iron stores to combat anemia, a common postpartum condition. Increases energy; decreases fatigue and depression.
- Hemoglobin: Oxygen-carrying molecule which provides a boost in energy.
- Immunoglobulin G (IgG): Antibody molecules which support the immune system.
- Human Placental Lactogen (hPL): This hormone has lactogenic and growth-promoting properties; promotes mammary gland growth in preparation for lactation in the mother. It also regulates maternal glucose, protein, and fat levels.
Disclaimer: Despite centuries of safe placenta use, the information on this page has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. The services I offer are not clinical, pharmaceutical, or intended to diagnose or treat any condition. Families who choose to utilize any such services take full responsibility for researching and using the remedies.
*This information provided by PlacentaWise. For more information on the amazing placenta visit their website here.